Saturday, October 27, 2012

I Heart New York

New York City. Wow.  I had always thought that I wouldn't love it. I thought it would be an interesting place to visit, culturally and historically...but that I would go and do the NY thing, and that would be it.
I didn't understand what all the fuss was about, to be honest.

I was wrong. What a beautiful and interesting place. It seriously has an electricity about it, so vibrant and full of life.
And what a great thing to be able to experience it for the first time with Ksenia.  We could all be stereotypically touristy together, walk around with our cameras- snap, snap, snapping away.

Here are pictures from day one. Friday night.
Newark to NYC
We arrived mid-day Friday and took the train from Newark to NYC, and then walked 20 minutes through the rain, dodging people with our luggage and hearing vendors on every corner yelling "umbrella, umbrella"!

Soaked and sore from lugging our junk through the streets, we got to our room. And the view immediately made it all worth it.
I love this picture!




The first night there we took in a Broadway show. We chose Phantom of the Opera, since we were on a "typical tourist" vacation, this seemed to fit the bill.





I took my tripod, and this was the one photo that I used it for. 



No comments:

Post a Comment