Tuesday, September 25, 2012

9/11

This year marked the 11th anniversary of the devastation of 9/11.  Des Moines set up a beautiful, yet simple memorial along the west side of Gray's Lake and I brought Ksenia out with me to go and visit for a few moments and take some photos. On the drive over, we spoke about it and it came to light that she was only 5 years old when it occurred, which seems crazy since-while it doesn't seem like 9/11 was yesterday-it still seems so recent. 
It was extremely peaceful to be out at the memorial and take a few moments to remember and reflect.

I failed to add this posting earlier-but wanted to make sure to get it in here. For my generation, 9/11 is arguably the most landmark event we have experienced, so for me at least-it was poignant to share this simple memorial with Ksenia.

No comments:

Post a Comment